Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sick babies

Little Marc recently and suddenly got sick in his car seat. He vommited and had diarrhea on Friday which precipitated the rest of the family to enjoy this virus this past weekend. I got sick Saturday nite and Gabby woke up screaming a few hours later after having vomited in her bed. My husband and I woke up at least hourly with her all night as she continued to be sick. It was heart wrenching to see a little person vomit and it occurred to me that she didn't know how to do it. I had to kind of coach her. It reminds me how many things we take for granted that we know how to do and how much has to be learned, and learned by experience. Throughout this whole virus, she has been a better patient than I have ever confronted. She must have been so uncomfortable, crampy, feverish, chilly and utterly crappy feeling but she barely complained and didn't cry or fuss. She actually was very sweet and cuddly. And though I would never wish this upon my kids, because I was sick it made it easier to deal with them because they were sick too making them are less active.
So this is my first experience with a major virus in my kids and it has gotten better day by day. Needless to say, we wont be attending any activities this week because it is not necessary to risk getting anyone else sick with this. And I like to do what I hope other parents would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment